Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Never a dull moment

So guess what you get if you do a front hand spring on the trampoline and land on the springs before falling off to the ground... On Saturday afternoon, I heard a very loud yell from outside followed by Kaden running in the house yelling that Paige's arm was broke. I ran outside, and sure enough, you could tell instantly that her arm was broken. As Kaden put it, "I knew it was broken because it wasn't straight like mine." We ran her to the Preston hospital, where they did X-Rays, and sent us to Logan because they don't put bones back into place in Preston, they send you to an orthopedic specialist. Anyway, after a long and interesting day, we got back home and all crashed.

During the night I kept going and checking on Paige, and her fingers were always SO cold. In the morning they were swolen so big, and were cold and purple. I called back down to Logan, and they told us to come back down. It was the same doctor that casted it, and he told us he was going to cut a slit down both sides the day before, but it just didn't look that swolen. Of course now he wished he just would have done it then, but oh-well. He cut the cast down both sides to relieve some pressure, and instantly her fingers looked much better.

Tomorrow we go and see the actual orthopedic doctor to see what he thinks. We are hoping that the bones are set back into place enough that we don't have to do anymore adjusting. In the mean time, we are just trying to sooth her worries of having to write left handed at school, not riding a bike, and how am I suppose to do cheer? Poor little thing.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

That is a big cast. Mom said it is the first of many after seeing the doctor today...sorry about that. It doesn't sound fun at all. Tell her she could just have Ali write the answers to her homework like mom made me do for you when you had your broken arm. No wonder I was so jealous...you got presents and I had to do your homework for you!!:)