So it's been quite a week. Our family seems to be passing one illness or another around and around and around. Jody, Kaden, and I have all had sinus infections. Kaden's being this week. I had the stomach flu on Saturday, and Ali is down with it for her second day now. I'm working on getting over my third cold in 4 weeks, and Tyce started coughing again last night. Thankfully, we have not had too much fever with all the illnesses, because that would mean we were probably getting the swine flu that's going around Preston SOOOOO bad! We've had people in our ward get it, along with kids and the teacher in Paige's class. Who knows how many other of my children have been exposed as well. So, all in all I am counting my blessings.

I thought I better get Paige's third cast picture posted before she gets it off next Wednesday. She will have owned this one for 3 weeks. It was one week longer than planned, but she did not have enough bone growing on one of the broken bones to help it heal, so hopefully the next X-rays will be better. If there's still not enough bone there I'm not sure what the Dr. will say, so we're just praying for NO MORE CASTS!

I'm also finally getting around to posting my boys soccer pictures. This one is Tyce coming off the field after he had been the goalie. He has turned into quite the little player as long as he doesn't have to play defense. He can be a little boring to just stand there, so he dances, cart wheels, runs into other players, or just jumps and runs around in his own little area. Paying attention is extra hard for him to do. At our last game, he had played defense twice, and goalie once. He was having a little bit of a boring game I guess because when the coach said to go in as defense for the third time, Tyce told him that he wasn't going in unless he got to be a forward. I think the coach knew he would be fighting a losing battle, so Tyce went in as a forward. I was happy too, because he gets in there and goes after the ball even though he's one of the youngest on the team. It's been fun to watch him play.

This is Kaden, who at his last game scored a GOAL! We were all sooo excited for him. He was quite a ways back, so I wasn't expecting it, but he just booted it, and it went straight into the goal. He had been to the dr. the day before for his sinus infection, so I was worried about him playing anyway since it was FREEZING at Wednesday's game, but he did really well, and we are so proud of him.
Now a little about Danica. She is walking every where now. She started the night of her birthday which made her turning one even harder on her mother. She sure is busy too. She says things like moo, baa, bye-bye, mom, dad, meow, and a lot of jabbering that is understood only by herself. She loves to fake laugh when ever she thinks she's being funny, or we're laughing and she wants to be involved. She sure keeps us all happy, and the kids love to maul her most all of the time. Paige and Ali have sure been good to help out with her this last month while I've been sick or busy, busy, busy.
Last but, definately not least, is the update on the house. We are completely sheet rocked. They finished this week, so now it really looks like a house on the inside as well as the outside. They still have to tape and mud, but that should be done next week. Before we know it, we will be painting walls, and putting down flooring. It's getting very exciting.
Yesterday they also put up one side of the siding. We are waiting on the majority of it to be ordered because they didn't have enough of the green color that we wanted, but what we do have sure looks good. I don't have a picture of it, and it would be hard to tell the color on the computer I'm sure, but when I do get an updated picture I will put it on.
I guess that's it for now. A little good news, and a little bad news, but all of it is just LIFE!
2 comments:
Sis, it was sure good to see all of you this weekend! Danica is such a doll, and I am so happy you posted pics. of the soccer! :) Can't wait to show my kids after school.
I love the update and the pictures. My internet was down for a couple days, so I was especially excited to have something new to look at now that it is working again.
Post a Comment