I have tried sooo many times to get on here and get this all done, but it just never seems to work out. We're going to start off by going WAY back to the end of May. Ali had her dance recital, and did such an amazing job. We LOVE to watch her clog, and she's soooo good at it, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to convince her to do it another year or not. She doesn't think it's her favorite, and would like to try ballroom. I will keep you all updated on what the decision is.

If you will notice the long beautiful curls in the clogging picture, we are going to use that as a before picture for her big haircut. Ali cut off 11 or more inches just after school got out. She had been wanting to do it for awhile, so we let her do it. She donated the pony tail to Locks-of-Love. We were very proud of her for that. She looks very grown-up and adorable in her new hair-do, and she has been enjoying the new look. As for me, I didn't cry, and I think she looks GREAT, but I sure did Love that long hair too!

Our June has kept us busy running. Kaden had a basketball camp here in Preston, then he ventured to Scout camp the same day that Ali left for 4-H camp. Both had a good time. We enjoyed a visit from Natalie and her children one weekend, and Oh she's a go getter. She helped me accomplish more in 2 days than I've done on my own in 6 months. We cut out some vinyl for Ali's wall, and also some sayings for some walls upstairs. We did a bunch of Strawberry freezer Jam that is So Yummy, and put together some of my new bedroom set, along with several very interesting fixer upper jobs too. I won't list everything we did, but I do want to tell her that I think she's wonderful, and thanks a ton.
Kaden and I just got back from a trip to Cedar City Utah, and we had a great time. I'm going to blog the details of the trip next time, because I still need to get the pictures off my camera. We have now slowed down a bit, and are looking forward to the Jacobson family vacation over the 4th of July, and also the Sumway reunion the following week. We hope to enjoy Bear Lake at least once this summer, and maybe some swimming too.
I have been taking a little me time to walk in the morning with one or more friends, and feel like it's a little therapy session every morning. Jody is as busy as usual with School, Farm, Work, and Young Mens. He has 2 weekends off from shcool now, so hopefully he can help catch up on some farm work so they won't be behind all summer.
I did forget to mention that Danica is Potty Trained (mostly) and we are Very Happy about that. She's done such a good job, she my youngest to potty train, but maybe my easiest as well. Yeah for me!
I guess that is a good enough catch up for now, I hope it won't take me this long to post again. It's way too hard to try to remember everything.
2 comments:
Yay for your internet finally working! Love the post!
Great catch-up! I love the new do on Ali, she looks so stylish!
Post a Comment