Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Memorial weekend fun!

Memorial Weekend was filled with lots of fun for us. We got to see lots of relatives that we haven't seen for a long time. I took the kids and visited with my Murdock grandparents first. My grandma has been in the hospital for quite some time recovering from some back surgery, so she was very happy for the visitors. After we saw them, we spent the night at Natalie's along with Cody's family, and mom and dad. The next morning we went and FROZE at the cemetery in IF but very worth it because my kids got to hear my dad tell stories of his grandparents. They LOVED it!

We then went to Swan Valley to visit with all the many Jacobson relatives at the annual Memorial Day reunion. My grandma was not feeling well, so she didn't get to join the party, but it was still so good to see her and grandpa.

I was thinking this week how blessed me and my children have been to have known many of our great grandparents. I didn't realize how lucky I was that way until the other day when Janice told me how blessed she felt to know just one of her great grandparents. I knew many of mine, and some of my children got to meet ALL but 2 of the 10 great grandparents that they have. How blessed we are for knowing them. They have filled our lives with much happiness, and we sure love them all! This is my grandpa Jacobson with my Aunt Linda, and her grandson Max. It was so good to see grandpa.

Funny story with this one. This is my grandma Murdock, and I told her that we needed to make a funny face in the picture, so she said "I'll plug my nose" It's fitting for this sweet grandma to be plugging her nose. I don't know of too many things in life that made her laugh quite as much as a little gas did. Cute little lady, I sure hope she recovers soon.


This is my wonderful Aunt Lanae (who is the one who puts on the memorial reunion every year) explaining the rules to a game to some of the many many cousins that were there. It was lots of fun and so great to see many of my relatives that we don't see very often.



My mom had a great idea when we were visiting my grandpa Murdock at his house. This is a 4 GENERATION picture. I have one of Jody and Kaden with Jo's dad and grandpa, and one of Jody's mom and grandma and our kids, but this is the first one I've taken on my side of the family, and I hope to get more.


This is just a little fun at the hospital. My aunt had bought this hat for my grandma, and each of my kids took a turn putting it on and having a picture with grandma. This of course is Danica, and the hat was a bit big, but so so cute!


Finally, this is a little pay back to my sweet sister who put a picture on her blog that made me look like I had about 7 chins. AWWWWWWWW sweet revenge! Love ya sis! and thanks for letting us stay with you so that we could have so much fun on Memorial Day!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I was totally just resting my eyes for a sec.....or maybe I was showing you my new shade of purple eyeshadow. I am not sure really what I was doing, but I was doing it SUPER GRACEFULLY!!! :) Love this post and Ali's ballroom!

Jenny said...

Thank you, thank you for posting pictures of my grandparents!!! I'm so homesick right now and it was a treat for me! Love you, sis! (Good thing I wasn't there though, I have 7 chins and silly eyes.)

Sabra said...

Ha ha! Love your getting-even- picture of Natalie.
You two have too much fun!

Good to see you at Memorial day. Your kids are so darn cute.