Friday, March 27, 2009

Sigh of relief!

It has been a long and crazy couple of weeks. On the 16th, Paige tested positive for Influenza A and Ali came home from school that day also with the fever. It's going around sooo bad, but thanks to Natalie telling me the signs, we knew what we were dealing with early, and kept out girls out of school so they weren't sharing the germ with everyone else. After a week of both of them being home, and sometimes feeling good, I was pooped. I felt like I was having to entertain them all the time because they couldn't go outside. And of course it was the best weather ever. Now that they are better, the snow has just kept coming.




Anyway, we are counting our blessings, because thanks to Priesthood blessings, Danica did not get Influenza. That would have been a bigger concern. Of course, we did our part by bathing in hand sanitizer before we came within 7 feet of her, but it worked! The girls are glad to be feeling better mostly so that they can once again hold their little sister. She's just too cute to resist.




After we got the girls better, we started a whole new week of crazy. Kaden started hunters safety, and also had a 5th grade "We the People" speech and program. I had Pack Meeting to take care of, which went well, glad it's over for another month. And Ali had Science Fair to do because she was sick the whole week before and it got put off. We also have a ward party tonight that we are all looking forward to. Jody will be participating in sumo wrestling, and don't worry, I will take lots of pictures.




Good new this week is that Kaden passed his hunters safety test last night, I got pack meeting over with, Ali will finish science fair today, and at 3:00pm SPRING BREAK officially starts. Now that is a reason to smile, and IS the reason for my HUGE sigh of relief.




OHHHH! I almost forgot the worst part of the story. In the last 30 hours we have caught 4 mice in our house, and seen the fifth. I HATE HATE HATE THEM! We caught one Thursday morning that I had seen the previous night and set traps for. Ali saw it running, and thankfully it ran into the sticky trap and Jody took it out. Well, we came home from pack meeting last night, and I saw one run behind the TV. After a long hour of chasing it with a broom, which by the way is so SUPER BRAVE of me, we chased it out the door. I put the kids to bed finally and sat down to feed Danica when another one ran out from under the opposite couch. At this point I was exhausted, and I knew Jody would be home soon from getting Kaden at hunters ed, so I just watched the stupid thing run out and back several times. Jody and Kaden took care of shooing it out the door in about 55 minutes less time than it took me and Tyce and the girls to get the previous one out. Feeling a bit relieved, I put Danica in her bed and went in the kitchen to finally have my dinner at 10:15, and saw yet another mouse run under the dishwasher. At this point I just went and sat in the chair and cried. How could this be happening? Well, we woke up this morning and watched one mouse go into a sticky trap, and then watched another one work very hard to get him out. Finally, Jody had to leave so we scared the one back under the dishwasher, and he took out the one that was caught. So today I am watching every step I take, and blaming the warm weather last week, and cold weather this week for my invasion of mice. And did I mention that I HATE them?




Now in the process of the girls being sick last week, our sweet little girl learned to sit. We were so excited. It's a whole new world when you don't have to look at everything from a laying down position. This one we got of her right in the middle of a topple. So funny how she's still in the sitting position as if she didn't know she was falling. By the way, the one in the background is Paige when she was sick. She was pretty miserable.



Danica also had some other firsts. She is finally starting to like SOME baby food and likes to try the whole grown up eating thing. She also on her six month birthday had her first ponytail. We thought it was sooo cute! Gotta love those 6 hair straight up ponytails! I know it's hard to see in the picture, but trust us, it's CUTE!


6 comments:

Nanette said...

We have been infested with mice as well!!! It is SO GROSS and its driving me nuts. This morning they left nasty poop in my baby's cup and all over the kitched counter. I just want to scream. I blame it on living in the country-its the price we pay. So sorry, I totally understand.

Sabra said...

A pony tail...NOT fair!! I have tried many times on Madison (13 months old) and no luck, not even close!
That is a REALLY cute picture of Danica though!
What a cutie!

Glad that you are all feeling better.

Can't wait to see those pictures of Jody!
Hope you got some good ones!

Jenny said...

Arnica, I am seriously impressed that you have been chasing those awful mice! And thanks for posting the pictures of Danica. My kids just love to see their cousins on the computer!

Megan said...

i hate hate hate mice too. right after the baby was born we caught about 7 in our house. we filled some cracks in the foundation and haven't seen them since. phew!
danica looks quite like jody, i think.

Natalie said...

I love the picture of your babies ponytail. She is so stinking cute. I also can't wait to see the pictures of YOU sumo wrestling...if Jody didn't take any he is in big trouble.

Holly said...

Yea for Blogs! Your family is adorable. I love reading all about them. Thanks for letting me follow along. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with a crazy/wonderful life.