Thursday, March 11, 2010

What A Weekend!

Last Friday I went to the basement to start vacuuming the kids rooms for everyone to come for the baptism. When I went into Kaden's room, I noticed it was wet under his garbage can. With a little more investigating, I discovered a lot of wet under his bed. I pulled back his curtain to find a window well with a lot of water in it, and a puddle in in window under his alarm clock. All the water was coming in the window, and running down the wall. I spent a good portion of the morning with a wet vac, and good neighbors coming to my rescue! We had to pull up some of Kaden's carpet, and now we are trying to get a hold of our neighbor who lays carpet, to come and put is back down. It dried nicely, and so I guess as bad as it seemed, it could have been a lot worse. It could have leaked through the foundation! Saturday was a GREAT day. We spent the morning with some of my family while Jody went to school. At 1:00 Paige was baptized, and it was really great. Both of her grandmas got to share their testimonies, and Paige thought that was so neat. Her Grandma Jacobson also made her beautiful white dress for her, and she looked SO Beautiful!
Thanks to everyone who came to share this day with Paige. We really appreciate all of you. It turned out to be a WONDERFUL weekend, even if it didn't start off so well!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

So glad for the update and pictures. Sorry the carpet is still a problem. Just one more thing on the "to do" list!

Jenny said...

She looks beautiful! I love the dress! Sorry about the flooding, that really stinks. :(