Next was my birthday which came with Tyce having the flu, and having to go pick potatoes out of the field for the cannery the following week. It was nice to be able to relax a bit though, and pretend I'm not really as old as the number says, I'm only as old as I feel...56!
Tyce just celebrated his birthday yesterday. He has had a countdown going on for over a month. He shares his birthday with one of his friends, so they had a little party and he loved that. He had to go to school on his birthday, and so he took doughnuts to share with everyone. (That made him feel better about having to go to school on his birthday too.)
A couple other catch up things...Kaden just made the Jr. High Basketball team, and is so excited. He is trying to juggle things a bit though because he still has 2 soccer games this week as well. His coach is still coaching football after school, so they are having 6:00am practices this week. He and his dad leave here at 5:30 and he gets home off the bus at 4:50pm. It's a long day for him, but I don't think it will last forever. Football can't last that long...Can it?
Ali and Paige have been helping me out a lot lately. They have learned to do laundry, and they do a lot of babysitting too. They had their first OFFICIAL babysitting job for their Uncle and Aunt while we all went out to dinner. They were so excited, but I learned that I need to teach them a little bit about cleaning up after the kids before the parents get home. It just makes it so much easier on the parents. Right! My girls remind me a lot of me and my sisters when we were young. Best Friends, or Worst Enemies! I sure hope they end up with the same kind of relationship that me and my sisters have now.
Jody finished another class a couple of weeks ago, and is starting a new one this weekend. He is still doing really well, and hasn't complained about anything yet. So grateful for him all the time. What a rock he is! I on the other hand am a mushy mess most of the time. They just took our Bishop and made him the Stake Pres. I'm not too excited about a switch already. I've only been the R.S. Pres. for about 2 months. We do not have a new Bishop yet. Our Bishop is doing double duty until a new one is called. I sure hope it's someone who can put up with me. I may be his biggest challenge! LIFE IS GOOD, AND WE ARE BLESSED!
2 comments:
I know this says I am you, but it is only because I had to fix your background. I don't know what it's deal was, but hopefully it is fixed now. I love the update. I must be a mushy mess too because it made me cry. WHAT A BABY! Who cries over little boys running fast at soccer? ME! That's who!! Love you and love the update!
Natalie
So sad that Danica was sick on her birthday. At least she didn't barff at the ward fundraiser. She sure is cute.
Tyce looks just like Jody in that picture!
Post a Comment