Thursday, March 10, 2011

Life at the Shumway's

Paige turned 9 at the end of February. I can't believe my beautiful girl that we almost had in the car is 9! She chose to have a homemade chocolate pie for her cake. I think I did a pretty good job for my first time. Paige had a great birthday full of lots of cute clothes and dinner with mom and dad at El Toro Viejo, yummy Mexican food. Happy Birthday babe, love you lots!

Also, I didn't pay attention to the mail all over the counter behind Paige before I posted this picture, so please ignore the mess!
This is Danica learning about puberty! I walked into the living room the other day to see her reading Ali's book she got at school all about puberty. I giggled to myself, and then called and shared the funny with my sister as well. So silly!

Kaden just got awarded his Life at a court of honor last Sunday. We're really happy with his hard work, and with some more of it, we are hoping to have his Eagle down this summer, or at least by November when his 6 month waiting period is over. Right now Kaden has been working night and day to catch up on some Science work that he hasn't finished. The end of the quarter is next week, so we are all a little stressed about all the work still to be done. How do you make a teenager understand the importance of good grades?
A funny from Tyce this week...He asked me what shape a bumb was, and then said, "Is it like 2 ovals that are stuck together?" With a little giggle, I said yes and then told him to talk nice! Isn't that what a mother should say?
Ali is very excited today, because her little friend that has been so so sick gets to try to go to school for a little while today. She sure has missed her, and talked last night about being her bodyguard so nothing would hurt her. Ali does have the build to be a bodyguard...right?
Kaden is doing 2 a week games now, and playing well. Jody has had a little break from school, but now has to start another class. He's holding up well. I for some reason am having a little shingle pain back that causing me some headaches, but I think all in all we're hanging in there, and are glad for the weekend to come.


4 comments:

Tianna Groves said...

Happy Birthday Paige!! I love Tyce's butt comment :)How funny!!

Natalie said...

LOVE the picture of Danica...she is smiling which means she obviously doesn't understand any of what she is reading....she wouldn't be smiling if she did! :) Ha, ha!

Jenny said...

:) Happy to see your family and catch up!

Leslie McAllister said...

I want Ali for MY bodyguard :)