Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Busy summer!

We are going to split up our recent summer activities into 2 posts, because I have been too busy to update, so I'm very behind. This first picture is of my sweet little boy that just learned to ride his bike without training wheels. I should have worked with him a little last year, but didn't. He came to me one day and said the girls were going to help him. I okayed the project, and off they went. I went out to check the progress, and could tell there was some frustration on both parts, so I told Tyce to just keep practicing little movements on his own, and he would get it. You see, there is one thing I have learned about Tyce, and that is his determination to get something new accomplished quickly. He just works at it until he gets it, and usually that isn't very long. Within MINUTES, the girls ran in to tell me that he was doing it on his own. Sure enough, just tell Tyce to do something, and he'll figure it out! Good job buddy. This will open up worlds of fun for the rest of the summer! The girls, of course are riding behind for moral support!


Next up, is 4-H camp. Both Ali and Paige went this year, but they went at different times. Paige went first, and she went here in our county, then Ali went, but she went with a cousin from a different county. Both had a ball, and sure enjoyed the friends they spent their time with there.


Ali is in the picture above with her bunkies. She got the best archery score out of her whole group this year. Maybe a talent we were unaware of!


Paige is in the picture below. She didn't have a camera with her, so this is her all happy but tired after getting off the bus to come home. Her favorite part about camp this year was that after tripping and falling to the ground, a cowboy leader picked her up, and ran her to the lodge to get a nurse to look at her. She quite enjoyed the attention of her fellow campers, but thought the cowboy rescuer was a little wierd. I sure love the girls having the chance to go to 4-H camp. I always liked it as a kid too.


Moving on to Kaden's USU B-ball camp. He had 4 days of lots of b-ball, and loved every minute. His team won the championship game this year, and they were very excited about that. This is him with his prize shirt hanging over his shoulder. It was a lot of traveling to Logan to do this camp, but we thought it was worth the time and $. I love watching my kids growing up and finding things they love to do. As a little side note here, they just put Kaden in last Sunday as his Deacons Quorum President. He's a good boy, and we sure love him.




The summer has kept us flying from one thing to another. Kaden and Tyce are also doing golf lessons again, and Kaden also had 4 golf tournaments from Rexburg to Montpelier. The girls have been busy with 4-H, activity days, friends, and babysitting. We have enjoyed family get togetheres, and plan to enjoy some more. We also enjoyed a lot of fun together on the Trek, but that's the next post!





2 comments:

Natalie said...

LOVED both posts.....and.....both posts made me cry. WHAT A BABY!! I loved the pictures of trek and your pioneer children!! I also cried because Tyce can ride a bike alone! I know I am weird!!

Jenny said...

I am only crying about trek. I'll whoop for Tyce, but I have to cringe at the snake! EWWWW!!!!