Tuesday, April 14, 2009

IT'S SUMO TIME

This was our most recent ward party. Sumo wrestling. We ate hotdogs, nachos, and homemade rootbeer, and enjoyed watching some of the leaders of our ward make fools of themselves... So this one is Jody. In his first match the other guy dislocated his (the other guys) finger and had to go to the hospital to have it fixed. They said the other guy won the round, but since he wasn't there, Jody wrestled in the championship and won! It was very funny. In the championship round he and the ym pres. he was against decided to add a little drama, and they put on quite a show. They even took a minute out of wrestling to do a little sumo dancing.

This is Jody after he won. His trainers were Kaden, and Mark Schuman. You had to have 2 trainers to help you get up when you fell. Mark also put on quite a show for the crowd. He sure can yell loud!

This is me. Although it looks like I'm dancing, I was just trying to keep my suit on. The back wasn't staying done up. They put the inside of my suit (the part you put the air in) on up side down, so I couldn't walk well, and when we hit hard, I felt alot more than I should have. I was not suppose to be wrestling, but one of the women they had asked to wrestle went to the hospital for an illness that she has been struggling with, so when I got there they asked me to do it. I was dressed in a nice warm sweater, and MAN were those suits HOT! I didn't win my first match, but felt a little better about losing after the lady I wrestled ended up winning the womens championship. All in all, it was a very fun ward party, and I recommend any one getting the chance to sumo wrestle should give it a try.

3 comments:

Nanette said...

Awesome!

Natalie said...

Love the outfits!! I am glad you finally posted pictures of it.

Jenny said...

Priceless! His and her sumo photos. Where did they get the suits? How do they air them up?