Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Buckaroo

So here we have the long awaited sheep ride. Tyce had so many people there to watch him and he was very excited. We were really worried that he would not get on the sheep once he got down the the chutes, but Jody said he climbed right on like it was no big deal. Unfortunately, he did not stay on for long, and so I missed the entire ride videotaping the wrong chute. Natalie took this picture for me. This is Tyce getting up after he fell off. He is the little orange looking thing in the dirt.This is Tyce coming back to the bleachers with his prize. He was so proud of himself. He got a really nice belt buckle that says mutton bustin champion, and a bandana that says the same. At the end of the rodeo, he said to me, "mom, by favorite part of the rodeo is when I rode a sheep." And guess what... that was my favorite part as well! So proud of him!

Now for the house update. This picture is of the digging out of our backyard for the walk-out basement. The mound of dirt you see left in the picture is a very small amount compared with the huge hill in front of the house. We removed a lot of dirt.
Today they poured the garage floor, and Friday (crossing our fingers it doesn't rain) they will pour the basement floor. Then next week it's up up up with the walls. Can't wait!



3 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow! your house seems to be going up fast! So excited for you!

Natalie said...

I am SO SO sorry that my one picture I took at the rodeo sucked. I am glad that atleast he was "in" the picture though. I'm happy work is still happening on the house...wahoo!

Megan said...

very exciting progress on your house. when do you hope to move in?

tyce sure is handsome and so proud of himself!