Friday, May 1, 2009

Paige's Cheer Recital

This is Paige right before we left for her recital on Tuesday. She looked so cute. We have seen a real difference in Paige's dancing this year. She relies more on herself than her friends and teacher. She knew what was next, and a lot of times had to help her friends get in the right place in time for lifts. Before each dance, (they do 2), they do a cheer. This one is of Paige yelling the cheer. They always do jumps and cartwheels, and they are so cute!
It's a little harder to tell which one is Paige in this picture, because you mostly just see her feet. You guessed it, a mothers nightmare, my daughter is the one they lift up for all the lifts. I might feel more confident if it wasn't 7 year olds lifting her, but the teacher is so good to teach them all exactly what to do. I missed the best part of this lift, because after they are held there for a few counts, all the girls in the air lift one leg straight up. Paige did an amazing job at her recital, and we are so proud of her. If you all remember, she did all of this with a TICK in her head! Argh!




3 comments:

Jenny said...

Love those pictures! She looks great, would she show us one of those cheers this weekend?

Jenny said...

P.S. The tick helps.

Natalie said...

She does look cute. Her hair always looks gorgeous. I wish you were my mom and would fix mine so cute everyday. I promise would appreciate it more than your girls do.:)I wish we lived closer so i could have seen her cheer. What a cute idea for the lift!