We got there and went straight to the pool. Danica did not enjoy her first swimming experience for several reasons. First, it was past bedtime and she was SO tired. Second, the pool was pretty chilly for her tiny little toes. Third, the echoing volume in the pool was SO loud you could hardly talk to your neighbor without yelling! We ended our swimming session a little before the pool closed, but I had had all I could take for one day!
The next day we headed for the zoo! It was a beautiful day and the kids all had a great time. This is Danica enjoying the zoo from her ride. She did GREAT, and I really needed that, so thank you baby girl!
Here are some of the older cousins. (I didn't get the youngest 4. ) We all had lots of fun, but I don't remember actually looking at too many animals myself, because being there without Jody, I was always looking for my kids counting 1..2..3..4 all day. I'm glad #5 just went wherever I pushed her. We rode on a small train, and also on the big carousel. I wore the kids out completely, and then headed home. 
(Ali is in the brown shirt in the back left, Kaden is in the red shirt, Paige in the pink shirt, and Tyce in the blue stripes)
We got home some where around 6:30pm, and we still beat Jody home although they told him he would only have to work until noon. He worked at least 12 hours. Happy Vacation to him. Oh-well, we may just have to use that as an excuse to finally take the family vacation to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone that we wanted to do last year. Now all is said and done we had a WONDERFUL time, and thank you to all the Shumway family for your help!
2 comments:
You know, I lived in SLC for four years and never once took advantage of the zoo. Shame on me but good for you! You and Natalie both are brave moms for taking your kids on solo vacations! :)
The only problem with your trip is that we didn't get to see you! Love you!
Post a Comment